What is two-factor authentication ?
Two-factor authentication (also known as 2-Step Verification) is an extra layer of security feature that helps protect your Social Media accounts in addition to your password. If you set up two-factor authentication, you’ll be asked to enter a special login code or confirm your login attempt each time someone tries accessing your Social Media accounts from a computer or mobile device we don’t recognize. You can also get alerts when someone tries logging in from a computer we don’t recognize.
There are several two-factor authentication methods but you’ll need to have at least one of these set up in order to use two-factor authentication. You have to add either phone number for text message (SMS) codes or a third party authentication app on your account. Once you have added either one of them, then follow the instruction below:-
How to set up two-factor authentication for Facebook on phone.
- Open Facebook & Click the “3 Bar” below Messenger Icon at the top right corner.
- Scroll Up & Click “Settings & Privacy”.
- Click “Settings”.
- Click “Security and Login”.
- Click “Use two-factor authentication”.
- Click “Get Started”.
- Choose the Security method as you want or choose “Text Message” if you want code sent to your phone number.
- Click “Continue”.
- Enter the 6 digit code sent to your phone number.
- Click “Next”.
- Click “Finish”.
How to set up two-factor authentication for Gmail on phone.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open your device’s “Settings app”.
- Scroll up & Tap “Google”.
- Tap Manage your “Google Account”.
- Scroll to left and Tap “Security” at the top.
- Scroll Up & Tap “2-Step Verification”.
- Scroll & Tap “Get started”.
- Enter your Gmail Password to verify it’s you.
- Tap “Next”.
- Scroll Up & Tap “TRY IT NOW”.
- Tap “YES” when asked trying to sign in from another device?
- Google will show your number (Change it if necessary) & Choose “Text Message” (Or Choose Phone Call).
- After Choosing “Text Message”, Tap “Send”.
- Enter the 6 digits Code sent to your phone number.
- Tap “Next”.
- Scroll Up & Tap “TURN ON”.
- Google Prompt is selected by default as second verification and it’s finish.
- If you like you can set up alternative second step like Backup Codes, Authentication App and Security Key.